Punjab Road tax is simple to pay online by entering the details of your vehicle. The process can be completed in just 5 minutes. After that, you must fill up a registration application and submit it online along with the registration fee. Punjab road tax is applicable for all types of vehicles, including private cars, commercial vehicles etc.
Section: Online payment
Section: Registration details
Takeaway: Tax rates vary based on the type/weight of the vehicle being registered as per Punjab Motor Vehicle Rules 1963, which are amended from time to time by the Government of Punjab vide notification no. SO(MS) 13/4/99-1 dated 20-5-1999 published in SRO 691 dated 26th May 1999 and Notification No. SO(MS) 24/1/2009 dated 17th April 2009 published in SRO 732 dated 23rd April 2009 respectively.”>
Punjab Road Tax Payment Online
- To pay online, visit.
- On the login page, enter your User Name and Password
- Click on the Continue button to proceed further to view details of your account for Punjabi Toll-Tax Online Payment
The Punjab Road Tax Payment Online process involves four simple steps:
- The first step is to enter the vehicle registration number in which you want to make payment;
- The second step is entering the amount under the Pay Now Tab;
- The third step will verify whether the amount has been entered correctly and then click on the Save button after finalizing all details; 4) Fourth and final step would be submitting all required information before confirming payment by making payment through Debit Card or Credit Card (VISA / MasterCard).
Eligibility Criteria for Commercial Vehicle Registration in Punjab
- You must be a resident of Punjab to register a commercial vehicle in this state.
- The commercial vehicle must have been purchased within the state.
- The car’s registration number should not already be registered with another department or authority.
Documents Required for Online Registration of Commercial Vehicles in Punjab
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from owner/company of vehicle to ply in Punjab, if applicable. In the case of Haryana, it is mandatory for all types of vehicles plying in Haryana. The concerned RTO office should also issue it after verifying that the applicant is a bonafide vehicle owner, not a broker or jobber dealing in vehicles. The same may be verified online through https://rtodiscovery.gov.in/.
For more details regarding NOCs, please refer to our article on requirements for registration at [https://regoindiaonlinepunjab.com/new-vehicles-registration-punjab]. Please note that residents of Chandigarh must produce a NOC from District Transport Officer / Deputy Commissioner along with other documents for registration at Chandigarh RTO.
How to Pay Road Tax in Punjab for Commercial Vehicles Online?
To pay road tax online, you will have to log on to the official website of RTO. Once you are there, click on the link that says ‘Online Road Tax Payment‘. Afterwards, enter your registration number and other details like registration date and vehicle type in the fields provided for that purpose.
When you do so, it will take some time for your payment to get processed by the system; however, once it is done, you will receive an SMS from RTO about it as well as confirmation emails from them with instructions about how to check if everything went well or not.
How to Check the Status of Punjab Road Tax Online Payment?
Now, you can check the status of Punjab Road Tax Online Payment by visiting the website of Punjab RTO. To check the status of your online payment, you need to enter your vehicle number and click on the tab ‘Status of Payment’. You will see a list of all your expenses and their current status in this section.
Know how to pay road tax through RTO in Punjab
- How to check the status of your payment?
- You check the status of your payment by visiting can https://www.punjabraodtaxindia.com/check_status/. Enter your vehicle number, registration number and invoice ID, and click the search button. If you have paid online, you will see the status as “Paid”. If it’s pending, then click on the “Pay Here” button to make the payment now
- How to pay road tax in Punjab?
- Visit https://www./pay_opunjabraodtaxindia.comnline/index#register. Enter your vehicle details such as chassis number, engine number, year of manufacture etc., enter invoice id (if available), select a payment method like a debit card or credit card (from any bank) and submit the for
The process of filing and paying the road tax in Punjab is quite simple and can be done online. The documents required for this purpose include a registration certificate, insurance policy document, driving license, GST registration number and bank account number. After filling in all the details on the website, you will receive an e-challan which should be paid at any post office or RTO office. If you want to check your status or know more about it, then refer to the below-given link.